Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Shutter Island



Shutter Island

This film reminds me a lot of Angel Heart with Mickey Rourke and Lisa Bonet, with a tribute to Alfred Hitchcock from Marty Scorsese.  The twist in the end really works. It wasn’t difficult to figure out (especially when Leo’s character started talking to his dead wife) but it was hard to be certain if  there wouldn’t be another twist to the twist.  

I have to say that I’m beginning to appreciate Leonardo di Caprio more.  I think he’s become a great actor. He gets better and better after each movie.  I just noticed that I’ve watched probably all his films in the last 10 years.  Not bad for someone I considered a punk pretty boy once.

Unfortunately this was not Scorsese’s best film.  I don’t know if it’s because it takes time for the story to develop, which isn’t ever done anymore, or because I originally thought it was a ghost movie.  Either case, I thought it was a fine but I’d wait for it to show on HBO.    

.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home