Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Lent and Facebook

Topic: Faith

Well it's Ash Wednesday and it's time for me to give up Facebook and sweets until Easter.  I've given up Facebook for the past 3 years and the first couple of weeks are the hardest because of the withdrawal pains.  It really is difficult since that's my daily entertainment.  FYI: In case your not familiar with Lent, Catholics are required to give up something they enjoy and not eat meat on Fridays until Easter Sunday.

This year was a little different in that instead of changing my profile picture in Facebook, I just wrote, "Giving up Facebook for Lent.  I'll catch up with you on Easter" and result was that I received 3 "Like" comments.  It's nice to know that people appreciate that I'm doing that, especially when 2 of them aren't even Christians.

Of course this provides me with more time to devote to blogging, so expect more updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home